Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Protein Pancakes

So, Sean and I eat pretty healthy a lot of the time and today I wanted to try to make pancakes a little less simple carby. This was pretty good and I might try a few little tweaks to see if I can get it to taste even better. However, I did like this a lot.

Serves 2 hungry adults

Ingredients:
1 cup oatmeal
6 oz silken tofu (1/2 big refrigerated tub or one shelf stable box)
3 eggs (or 6 egg whites)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar (or maple syrup or sugar substitute)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Put all ingredients into blender and mix until it is completely smooth. Heat a non-stick griddle to medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray (or melt a little butter or transfat free margerine - I like Organic Earth Balance Whipped) and pour about a 1/4 to 1/3 c batter and cook until bubbles form and the bottom is a little brown. Flip and cook about 1-2 min longer and serve with syrup or fruit.

No comments: